Sales Tools is a form of promotion for the purpose of delivering marketing messages to attract customers. It is actually offered by merchants to the affiliates for them to generate traffic in their site. In addition to this topic, there are a lot of sales tools which is not indicated in the book and these are the following:
* Floating Ad: An ad which moves across the user’s screen or floats above the content.
* Expanding Ad: An ad which changes size and which may alter the contents of the webpage.
* Polite Ad: A method by which a large ad will be downloaded in smaller pieces to minimize the disruption of the content being viewed
* Wallpaper Ad: An ad which changes the background of the page being viewed.
* Trick banner: A banner ad that looks like a dialog box with buttons. It simulates an error message or an alert.
* Pop-under: Similar to a Pop-Up except that the window is loaded or sent behind the current window so that the user does not see it until they close one or more active windows.
* Video Ad: similar to a banner ad, except that instead of a static or animated image, actual moving video clips are displayed. This is the kind of advertising most prominent in television, and many advertisers will use the same clips for both television and online advertising.
* Map Ad: text or graphics linked from, and appearing in or over, a location on an electronic map such as on Google Maps.
* Mobile Ad: an SMS text or multi-media message sent to a cell phone.
It is important that we should know the other sales tools as they are an alternative way. For us to put a sales tools in our site as an affiliate, all we have to do is to select an advertising graphics and text to choose from and the code will be automatically generated with the click of a button. Then we will just have to copy and paste it on our Web site or in our e-mail, wherever we plan to use it.
Knowing the types of sales tools is really important and essential because sales tools makes an affiliate’s job easier.